As the Director of Hardware, you will have the opportunity to develop a tomato harvesting robot through its entire life cycle; scope, design, manufacture, verification/validation, scale, and support.
As part of Four Grower’s lean team, you will also take on the role of an individual contributor. Duties include contributing to component level designs that will bring the robot from a base design to 100+ production.
Through these roles, you will have the opportunity to deploy the systems onsite at partnered greenhouses across the globe and directly contribute to harvesting the produce you see on your grocery store shelves.
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering or related fields.
Needed Skills & Experience
- Cost driven design: Led the effort of taking a base design and reducing the production time and cost.
- Production: Manufactured profitable commercial robotic equipment at low quantities of 10 and 100.
- Environmentals: Has designed for outdoor and mobile robotics systems.
- Integrated multiple motor families: Achieved scale using different motor and controller packages.
- Engineering Fundamentals: Can perform hand calcs for motor selection, bearing calculations, and structural analysis.
CAD: Knowledge of CAD Modeling software (e.g. Solidworks, AutoCAD)
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Travel: required, ~10% with international travel
Benefits: 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision