As a Staff Perception Engineer at Four Growers, you will play a crucial role in developing cutting-edge perception algorithms and pipelines for our harvesting and analytics platform: the GR-100. You will collaborate with a talented team of engineers and researchers to enhance our product through advanced computer vision and sensor fusion techniques.
What you’ll do:
- Develop spatio-temporal machine learning models for object detection, multi-sensor fusion, segmentation, etc.
- Read literature, analyze raw data, and design state-of-the-art solutions
- Deploy developed solutions to the field and ensure successful production-level implementation
- Lead a team of perception experts and experienced roboticists on algorithm design, prototyping, testing, deployment, and productization
- Develop clean and efficient software for perception modules interfacing with other key modules
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in a fast-paced, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
Necessary Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Mathematics or a related field, or equivalent proficiency
Necessary Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of hands-on industry experience in autonomous robotics systems development and implementation
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, C++, and/or Java.
- In-depth knowledge of computer vision, machine learning, and sensor fusion techniques.
- Experience with architecting, training, and deploying Deep Learning Models using PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar frameworks.
- Expertise in software technologies for robotics, including SLAM, localization, and 3D reconstruction
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex perception solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
Helpful Skills & Experience
- Experience calibrating devices or robots in a factory or manufacturing line environment
- Deep understanding of numerical linear algebra and optimization algorithms
- Experience with 3D extended multi-object tracking
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Travel: required, ~1% with occasional international travel
Benefits: 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision
Sponsorship: Open to sponsoring H-1B for full time employees